ELCAS TRAINING FOR APPROVED DRIVING INSTRUCTOR (ADI)
Anderby Driving Centre is proud to have gained Approved Learning Provider status for the MOD Enhanced Learning Credit Scheme (ELC). Our Learning Provider Number is 3485. We are also a preferred learning supplier for the Careers Transition Partnership (CTP).
Coming from a forces background can put you at an advantage, as you will already have many of the fundamental skills needed as a Driving Instructor. Our training programmes offer flexibility to fit in around your needs, and we ensure that it is a rewarding and an enjoyable experience throughout.
Your training programme lasts approximately 10 full days on a flexible basis. During this time, your training will be with Graham Kent, who is the company owner. Graham is also:
- ORDIT Registered (Official Register of Driving Instructor Trainers)
- Is a top grade (straight 6) Approved Driving Instructor
- Has had over 10 years experience of training people to become successful Driving Instructors
- Has passed the Cardington special driving test
- Part 1 - Theory and Hazard perception test, which can be studied for at home, although we will give you a demonstration session and guidance on how to prepare and study for it.
- Part 2 - Driving ability test - you will be taught how to drive to an advanced standard and gain knowledge of practical driving, which you will need to be able to pass on to your future pupils.
- Part 3 - Instructional Ability - you will demonstrate your skills as a Driving Instructor on how you would teach a pupil at two different levels of driving experience.
For further information on ELC and funding, please speak to your Resettlement Officer. Contact us if you would like further information on our training and / or an informal chat.