- You meet a variety of interesting people;
- Be your own boss;
- Earn a decent living;
- Work flexible hours to suit you;
- You will help people change their life;
- Low overheads / franchise;
- Committed marketing strategies to ensure you always get the pupils you need;
- We are a Preferred Supplier to the Careers Transitional Partnership (CTP) - for further information.
Is instructing right for me?
If you like meeting new people, have excellent people skills, patience and are enjoy teaching people a life skill in a fun and professional way, then we would like to hear from you.
You also need to:
- Have held a full manual EU licence for a minimum of 3 ½ years;
- Have less than 6 points on your driving licence;
- Pass a DBS check (Data Barring Service);
- Be over 21 years of age.
Taster Session – Not sure if Driving Instructing is right for you and / or you would like to experience our training without committing yourself? If so, then try out our no-obligation training Taster Sessions for just £45 for a two-hour session.
How much can I earn?
Weekly Income Example
Driving lesson price of up to £29 per hour (see our prices page) earnings per hour x 35 hours per week of instruction = £1,015 per week.
Estimated weekly expenses:
|Fuel||£87.50 (based on ½ gallon per lesson)*|
|Net taxable earnings||£867.50|
*These costs are incremental to private car use
You can work as many or as few hours as you wish. Many of our Instructors work in excess of 35 hours per week.
Don’t pay upfront for your training
We offer the choice of two great training programmes:
Pay-as-you-go flexible training
· Train around your own commitments
· Pay-as-you-go training
Full day £180 (7.5 hours) or
Half day £90 (3.5 hours) or
Per hour £30
· Spread over 6 to 10 days (depending upon your previous experience of teaching)
Earn as you learn*
· Ideal for those in part time work or not working that want to start earning ASAP.
· Just pay £299 upfront, and then repay the remainder once you start earning at just £25 per week
*Note: This option is for people that take a ‘Trainee licence’ after passing the Part 2 test & then 40 hours of instructional training
We offer flexible, one-to-one, pay-as-you-go training sessions as full day, half day or hourly training courses
(Half day is 3.5 hours (9am-1pm or 2-6pm with 30 minutes break), Full day is 7.5 hours (from 9am to 5.30pm with an hour break).
You need to pass three separate tests to qualify as an ADI (Approved Driving Instructor). Please look at the links at the bottom of the page for further information on the qualifying process and the tests.
It takes an average of 8 full days training (usually over a 3-4 month period) to qualify to become a Driving Instructor, although if any tests are not passed first time, you may need more training. Other costs will be incurred, such as test fees, registration fee upon qualification, car costs (such as insurance, dual controls).
Please click on the link for information on current test fees: www.gov.uk/approved-driving-instructor-adi-fees
|All your training will be carried out by Graham Kent the owner of Anderby. He is a highly qualified Instructor trainer, and has been ORDIT (Official Register of Driving Instructor Trainers) registered since 2008, and has successfully trained many people to become Driving Instructors, his credentials include:
-Qualified 2000 ADI (Approved Driving Instructor)
For further details, please contact us, or ring Graham anytime, direct on 07931 588271 for an informal chat and to answer any questions you may have.